Tuesday, February 9, 2010

WHY ALL THESE SITES BOTHER ME

One of the main reasons I have never (and will not be doing again) gone to all these sites is because of what happened to Angela with Rollyo. I do NOT want to register and give my name and birthday to all this cyber people, yet we are having to do that. When I go to a site I'm interested in, if it asks for more than my name and email, I just decline.

YOU can have my birthday and know my age - that's not the problem, but it's too easy for people to access account info, etc., with that.

That's my 2 cents.

2 comments:

  1. That is EXACTLY why we go through things like this, so we can point our kids in directions that will give them more success. Just because one site turns out to be something of a dud, doesn't mean that all the rest of them are, and like it or not, our kids are most comfortable with an electronic device. Books aren't their warm-fuzzys, some form of a computer is. Show me a kid who would rather read a book than play a game or read a book on a computer...I'm starting to think they don't exist!

    But don't you think we owe them that as part of our profession? We've got to be the ones to try to stay a step ahead of them, so that when they come to the dangerous spots online (and we know there are many of them), we are there to protect them. Show them another/better way.

    However, if we've never seen it/tested it/reviewed it/ how will we know???

    Just my two cents...
    kiera

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM glad I'm checking these things out. I don't feel so dumb when I hear people - young & old- talking about them. I'm just cautious about using them!

    ReplyDelete